I had the idea to create a master list of all the vintage inspired clothing brands and web stores I know about in hopes of helping you discover and buy an amazing retro vintage inspired clothing wardrobe. I quickly realized my small list turned into a giant list of over 50 different websites that sell:
- Vintage Inspired Clothing
- Vintage Reproduction Clothing
- Vintage Inspired Plus Size Clothing
- Vintage Inspired Shoes
- Vintage Inspired Swimwear
- Vintage Inspired Etc- Accessories, jewelry, makeup, lingerie
- Online retailers with multiple vintage inspired brands
- Offline retailers that carry vintage inspired clothing and accessories.
This list is mostly in the USA, UK and AU, mostly women (but not all) and mostly 1940s and 1950s style clothing (but again, not all). For a list of 1920s inspired and repro clothing look here and for 1930s clothing look here.
For a list of just men’s vintage clothing retailers look here.
Come back often. This list is always updating with new online shops.
On to the LIST….
Vintage Inspired Clothing Brands
Vintage inspired clothing, vintage style clothing, and retro clothing are all phrases that have created a new industry of independent clothing designers that use mid century fashion as the foundation of their modern designs. In general, vintage inspired designs have the silhouette as vintage clothing but with less detailed trim, a looser fit, shorter lengths, and more contemporary color palette. The benefit of wearing vintage inspired clothing is that you don’t look like you are wearing old clothes, you won’t wear our your delicate vintage clothing, and they come in sizes fit for modern bodies. All of these retro clothing brands put their own spin on what it means to design in “vintage style.” They are all wonderful in their own unique way.
One of my favorites brands for 50s Gothic / Rockabilly clothing and especially their handbags.
– Whenever I see a new dress I love it is usually a Hell Bunny brand. Affordable 40s and 50s clothing. Plus sizes too
– Simple colors of the ’50s and ’60s meets pinup fatale dresses and accessories. Made in the USA with 100% organic cotton sourced in the USA. Nice!
– Retro 40s and 50s dresses, skirts, tops and accessories. Very popular with rockabilly fashion and music followers.
Bettie Page clothing designer’s second line of classy women’s and men’s clothing inspired mostly by the 1950s.
– A newer line of vintage inspired clothing with classic lines, a retro feel, and modern comfort. I own several of the dresses and skirts and love that they are made from a cotton stretch knit. They were the only vintage clothes I could wear while pregnant.
S / – 1940s and 1950’s style pin up and swing dance dresses, XS-4XL(26), made in the USA. They fit really well, especially if you have natural curves.
– 1950s clothing and costumes. Cheaper styles with adorable style. Genuine vesthintage ’50s clothing too.
– Pin up and 1950’s style dresses, separates, kids and some men’s shirts. Online shop and 17 retail locations across the USA.
– Besides carrying vintage and quality vintage inspired brands they have their own in house line, Classic Dames, which produced limited runs of polka dot 1950s sun dresses, all made in America.
– Cute, indie, dresses and clothing with you guessed it a lot of lace. Softer romantic dresses with a boho chic feel.
Made in the USA this small designer turned mega brand sells 1950s style dresses, separates, swimwear, wedding gowns, menswear, maternity, and custom design services. Wow!
/ – I really like the fun patterns on their 50 and 60z inspired dresses
– Pin up dresses and swimsuits, 1950’s wedding dresses, and separates.
– Heartbreaker dresses, skirts, and tops inspired by 50s and 60s fashion, pinup girls, rockabilly and vintage fashion culture. This line looks more “vintage” to me than most inspired brands and the prices are very good. Up to 4XL
/ – Vintage classics and rockabilly dresses, skirts, tops, and T-shirts made in the USA. Men’s and boys shirts and jackets too.
– A unique spin on Punk and Rockabilly clothing sourced and made in Thailand including brands Six Bunnies, Liquor Brand and Eight Ball. Tons of accessories too! Cheap or free shipping over $100.
– Vintage inspired everyday dresses for women who love vintage but don’t want to obviously look it. Most are knit dresses. Great for maternity too.
– Pinup westernwear and swimsuits. Mostly 1950s.
1950s dresses made of a heavy weight cotton and very full skirts. They will last a lifetime.
UK / Europe Brands
and – Vintage inspired clothing leaning towards the 50s and 60s yet feels modern and comfortable. Adorable kids clothing too.
-(UK) – Quality materials and handcrafted in England of women’s 1940s and 1950s style clothing. Shorts, pants, jackets and shoes.
(SE)- Adorable clothing that is high quality in the 1930-1960 decades.
– (UK) / – This brand offers a huge array of styles, from naughty to nice, which includes cardigans, corsets, dresses, skirts, and jackets. Perfect for lovers of 1950s fashion. Some plus sizes.
– (UK) – 1940s to 1950s clothing for women and men. A fan favorite for all the right reasons.
-(UK) / Specializing in 1940s & 1950s reproduction, pin-up style & rockabilly pieces.
– (UK) / – A mix of their own brand and other classic vintage inspired dresses at reasonable prices.
(EU- Sweden) – 1940s and 1950s dresses, jackets, coats, shirts, skirts, pants and shorts made in small batches in Europe. Classic vintage styles!
– (UK)- This new British designer loves 1950s novelty print, sophisticated pin ups and silver screen siren dresses and accessories. Some designs available up to 3XL There are girls dresses and boys shirts too.
-(UK) – Dolly and Dotty is a new brand of 1950s and 1960s vintage inspired dresses based in the south-east of England. They have all the classic pinup, swing and day dress styles in regular and plus sizes we love. Very reasonable prices too. International shipping available.
Small, made in house, brand of 40s and 50s clothing Elegant, classic designs with a pop of color. Shop them in the USA at
(South Africa) – 1950s pinup and Rockabilly clothing made in South Africa. Find them online at or inside the store in Cape Town.
CA) / – Cheerful vintage inspired dresses designed in British Columbia. Sizes up to 4XL
– (RO) – 1920s to 1960s style clothing for the vixen, pin up, and flapper looks. Based in Romania they source globally and also have their own line.
(AU) – Rockabilly and 50s style clothing
-A small selection of 1950s dresses and clothing
– The largest online collection of vintage inspired clothing in Australia
Reproduction Vintage Clothing
These brands differ from vintage inspired or retro style clothing in that they copy vintage patterns and clothing and reproduce them using similar materials, trim and sewing techniques as the originals. Some modifications are necessary to fit modern bodies shapes and sizes otherwise buying one of these is like buying a dead stock vintage garment. They are ideal for costumers, renenactors, and anyone who loves authentic history over current trends.
– Handmade 1950’s dresses in small quantities and by custom order. Very high quality clothing! Retro brides will love the retro wedding dresses.
R – Handmade, custom clothing, in the USA. 1940s and 1950s styles for women and Hawaiian shirts for men. Small but growing collection.
– Retro underwear inspired by designs from the 1940s and 1950s and the patterns are often adapted from vintage pieces. Bullet bras, girdles, panties, and lounging clothes.
– Beautiful vintage inspired lingerie, sleepwear, stockings and more.
– Vintage inspired pinup lingerie, stockings and plus sizes.
and – Two of several sister companies that create vintage inspired modest dresses and separates. “Modest” and “Vintage” styles are nearly one in the same.
– 1940s blouses, pinafores, dresses, skirts, pants and swimsuits. All handmade in the USA.
– Women’s menswear style 1920s knickers, trousers, skirt and caps.
UK, Europe, AU Brands
(UK) – My favorite brand for 40s and 50s inspired clothing at affordable prices. They are sold in almost every vintage inspired clothing shop. The USA Amazon Shop
UK- A fabulous full line of dresses, sweaters/jumpers, skirts, pants, tops bags and accessories. Plus Sizes too.
(UK)- One of my favorites brands for 50s Gothic / Rockabilly clothing and especially their handbags.
(UK) – Classic 50s with a Rockabilly and Steampunk edge at good prices.
-(UK) – 1940’s and 1950’s very well made clothing and fabulous accessories. Authentic style and materials. Men’s shirts too. Made in the UK. Shop their store
(DE- Germany) – Fine dresses, skirts, blouses and pants in the 20s to 40s style.
(UK)- 1940s and 1950s style dress, pants, coats, tops, skirts, lingerie and more. All made in London.
UK) – Rockabilly clothing & pin up clothes for women. From high waist jeans and trousers, pencil skirts, pin up dresses, retro swimwear to 50s sweaters, helping you achieve the perfect vintage style, all made in the UK.
(UK) – Glamour Bunny pinup style dresses are a renowned for a high standard of tailoring and flattering 50’s inspired fit. As one of the biggest pinup clothing brands in the UK. Also pinup handbags, cherry shoes, playsuits, capri pants and jewelry.
L – (DE) – One of a kind, hand made with natural fabrics, 1940s inspired clothing for women and men. Exceptional quality and vintage aesthetic. Dresses, skirts, tops and pants.
/ On the Sunny Side (NL) – Handmade women’s 30s, 40s and 50s clothing. Colorful dresses and blouses.
(UK) For vintage fashion lovers and swing dancers who want high quality clothing in the 1930s to 1950s decades.
(UK) Fabulous jeans, pants tops and accessories designed from the 1950s but updated with new fabric.
(UK)- Women’s and men’s 1940s and 1950s handmade custom clothing and knitwear.
(UK) – Miss Bamboo is a 1940s and 50s reproduction vintage clothing label and all our clothing is made from vintage patterns or from patterns reproduced from vintage dresses.
(UK)- Fabulous 40s and 50s repro shoes, knit tops, belts and bags for women and men. Almost all made from original patterns and in the UK.
(UK) – Hands down the best in 1940s and 1950s jeans and overalls for women and men.
(UK) – 1930s, 1940s, 1950s repro and inspired styles. Plus sizes too. Very classic vintage clothing in nice fabrics. I am a big fan!
Bombshellvintage.com.au (AU) – Genuine vintage and custom made to measure vintage style dresses for plus size gals!
– Beautiful pinup style clothing and accessories.
(AU) – 1940s and 1950s inspired clothing. Beautifully made.
(UK) 1940s and 1950s sundresses.
on Etsy handmakes 1940s blouses, pants, jumpsuits and light jackets. Very classy clothing!
1940s WW2 reproduction women’s suits
(NU, Sweeden) Vintage inspired tea dance dresses, shoes, and accessories.
Plus Size Vintage Clothing Brands
We have to give special high five’s to brands that specialize in making plus size retro clothing. Unlike modern styles (which does nothing to enhance a curvy body) vintage styles are very flattering on full figures. Sexy pencil dresses make a WOW statement while full skirts create a smaller waist effect. Many of the vintage-inspired brands listed above also carry plus sizes but the following brands and websites are mostly for sizes 12 to 28 only.
– Has a wonderful selection of plus sizes clothing (dresses, pants, swimsuits, tops) in the 1920s to 1970s styles.
eShakti.com – Semi custom dresses, tops and skirts in all sizes. Customize a dress with a choice of sleeves or skirt lengths, collar types and other details. if you do not need customizing.
– Plus size, 14-36, contemporary and vintage inspired dresses, tops, and bottoms. The vintage line is small but adorable.
– Most of their 40s and 50s dress are available in plus sizes and they actually fit well.
Chicstar.com – Cheap and trendy retro style dresses, pants, skirts up to plus size 28. Shop them at (my sister in law’s company)
Plus size clothing for all day to day styles with a small retro line called “retro chic.”
Romantic vintage inspired dresses ideally for Victorian, 1910s, 1920s and 1930s. Some dresses up to 3XL
– Most clothing (vintage inspired and modern vintage) now comes in sizes up to 4XL.
– Classic clothing with a few retro dresses for day and evening. Wedding dresses too!
UK- A fabulous full line of dresses, sweaters/jumpers, skirts, pants, tops bags and accessories. Plus Sizes too.
Bombshellvintage.com.au (AU) – Genuine vintage and custom made to measure vintage style dresses for plus size gals!
– (UK) / – Perfect for lovers of 1950s fashion. Only some plus sizes.
-(UK) – Dolly and Dotty is a new brand of 1950s and 1960s vintage inspired dresses in some plus sizes. Very reasonable prices too. International shipping available.
– Several great choices for separates and some dresses.
Vintage Inspired Shoes
Women’s shoes for any occasion inspired by the 1920s to the 1960s. Heels, flats, oxfords, boots, slippers, and loafers in a variety of quality and prices. Find a variety of these brands and more at VintageDancer’s shoe page. Shoes by decade too: 1920s shoes, 1930s shoes, 1940s shoes, 1950s shoes, 1960s shoes. Shop here for wide and narrow shoes.
– 1920s to 1940s vintage inspired shoes. The Royal Vintage house brand is high quality, leather shoes reproduced from original vintage shoes. Sister company designs historical pre-1920s shoes. now carries the Royal Vintage shoe brand too.
– Cushioned shoes that you can live in. Many vintage inspired styles in each season. High and low heels, oxfords, and flats. Shop my favorites here.
(UK) -Amazingly comfortable vintage inspired heels and loafers. Ships free (USA included) and the first order is 40% off with code Vintage40. Many styles come in wide and extra wide widths.
Cheaper vintage inspired shoes in non-traditional colors. We love these fun designs.
Popular, affordable, vintage inspired heels, boots, and loafers.
– Quality reproduction footwear from in the 1930s and 1940s styles. Shop their for discounted shoes.
Muffys- Reproduction saddle shoes (1920s to 1960s.) The website doesn’t always work but they have listings on
DE/UK)- Historical custom shoemaker for theater and the general public.
(UK) – Men’s and women’s quality leather shoes in hard to find styles.
Classic flat sneaker Keds shoes have been around since the 1920s. They are popular for dancers even with the light rubber sole. Choosefor a timeless style.
and Carried by many retailers these Made in Italy shoes are full of color and personality.
– 1940s reproduction leather oxfords and pumps
Vintage Style Dance Shoes
– A great shop for major brand dance shoes like Capezio character shoes
Dancestore.com / – Aris Allen brand swing dance shoes and clothing for ladies and gents. Shoes run narrow.
Shoes for dancers. 1920s and 1930s heels and oxfords in unique color combinations.
(Italy) – A new brand of 30s and 40s men’s and women’s dance shoes. Online store coming soon. You can contact them via email or Facebook.
/ Swing dance shoes 1930s to 1950s styles. Heels, oxfords, sneakers. Women’s and men’s shoes. They run a bit narrow.
DE/UK)- Historical custom shoemaker for dance shoes plus other brands.
(UK) – Women’s dance shoes.
(ES- Spain) – All leather men’s and women’s dancing shoes inspired by the 1930s and beyond. Low heels, oxfords, sandals, and loafers.
– Colorful shoes and boots to dance in. Designed by swing dancers and offered in a variety of happy colors that will break you away from boring black and brown footwear.
Mixed Brand Retailers
Sometimes its easier to shop via a large retailer who carries multiple retro clothing brands rather than each one individually. These mixed brand retailers come in all sizes from just a few brands in one genre to mega sites with hundreds of brands. The latest vintage-inspired clothing trend is for “classic” or “boho chic” styles loosely pulled from the 1970s decade. Many of the mega sites, while not removing mid-century clothing styles, are adding to the site the newer trendy styles.
– The mega site of everything vintage inspired. Clothing, shoes, accessories, housewares, gifts, etc. If you don’t shop here regularly you are missing out on some of the best brands! I love the iPhone/iPad app for quick browsing.
– Dedicated to the best retro clothing brands they also have amazing 1920s dresses as well 1940s, 1950s 1960s and some 1970s styles.
– Lulu’s carries a giant range of modern to vintage classic clothing, shoes and accessories. It takes some digging to find the retro styles but its worth it when you find the perfect piece.
– A UK born fashion site for modern and vintage-inspired styles. So much to love on ASOS. Sister sites in the , USA and AU.
Vintage inspired clothing with a soft boutique side. Light and airy designs moving towards boho chic.
– Pinup clothing: dresses, shirts, swimsuits, plus sizes, shoes, accessories.
M – Quality clothing and accessories from 18 of the best in pinup, retro and vintage-inspired brands. Many from UK brands (yeah!) Serving sizes Small to 6XL.
/ – Around 50 brands of retro and rockabilly style clothing for women, men and kids. They also have their own line of women’s clothing, purses, socks and hair accessories.
– The mega source of all things vintage and handmade, etsy.com, has many designers who handmade custom repro and vintage inspired clothing. There are too many to list them. Search under “handmade” for “retro” or “vintage” or a decade for dresses, skirts, tops, etc. I link to many of my favorite brands within Sahafah24.info as well.
– Tropical and Tiki themed dresses and clothing. Fun and colorful! Most come in plus sizes.
Ebay is also full of vintage and vintage inspired clothing.
– Unique shoes and clothing with a mix of Steampunk, Rockabilly, Cosplay, Goth, Punk, and Retro styles.
– Women’s and men’s 1950s style clothing, swing dancing dresses and bowling shirts. On the cheap side of pricing and quality.
– Like the name says they have a plethora of men’s and women’s retro bowling shirts, letter sweaters, jackets and more 50s clothing.
– Modern, timeless, vintage inspired dresses and clothing in an online boutique. Cute, classic, and boho styles.
– (UK)- Based in London but made in China, the styles here are very “cute” vintage inspired clothing. Asian countries are leaders in the vintage inspired clothing trend. They create designs that the US and UK don’t normally wear but should.
(UK) – Modern day reproductions and re-interpretations of 1920s, 1930s and 1940s fashions. LOVE her collection. If I lived in London I would move into her store.
Rockabilly and Pinup clothing and accessories. Check out their massive list of
– (South Africa) – 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, clothing imported form the USA and UK vintage loving gals in South Africa.
For the alternative, rockabilly, and rock n’ roll 50s gal
– USA made brands plus their own brand of vintage inspired clothing made from dead stock vintage fabrics. Menswear, houseware, art, and collectibles too.
eBay store. Retro and authentic classic styles from the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s & 70’s.
– (Canada) Modern pinup with a rock n’ roll spin for gals and guys.
– (Canada) This boutique was born from a love of rockabilly fashion, vintage pin up girls, and simply – making beautiful women feel even more stunning in fabulous fitting retro dresses
(Australia) – Serving Australia and New Zealand’s retro, pinup, and rockabilly fans including plus sizes.
– (AU) New owners of this vintage lingerie boutique store and online site in South Australia will make this a global go-to place for retro lingerie soon!
– (AU) – With a website and a store in Rockhampton, QLD, they have great collection of 50s retro dresses in regular and plus sizes.
– (AU) – Stylish and indie, vintage inspired clothing for women and children.
(AU) – Major online brand with a handful of vintage dresses and shoes. Search “vintage” for the best selection.
(NL) – Europe’s largest online retro boutique. Everything they have is fabulous with a lot of unique accessories as well. Sorted by decade 1920s to 1970s
– (AU)- Largest selection of retro and swing dance shoes in Australia
– (Australia) – Vintage inspired, retro and indie clothing
– (Australia) Feminine clothing with a sophisticated edge. Some menswear too.
(UK) 1940s to 1960s dresses, tops, shoes, accessories you need for an entire retro wardrobe.
(UK) The website for Pin Up and Retro Inspired Beautiful Clothing
– (DE) Rockabilly vintage lifestyle clothing and accessories.
(Sweeden) – In house brands plus your favorites for 1950s dresses, separates, stockings, swimwear, accessories and much more.
(UK) – Carrying brands Pretty Retro, Voodoo Vixen, Hell Bunny, Dancing Days and their own house brand.
Vintage Inspired Swimsuits
Carries several lines of vintage style swimsuits plus their own new line. This is where I found my Ester Williams swimsuit that I LOVE. Plus sizes too.
Also carries several lines of swimsuits and their own line, plus many come in plus sizes.
– Genuine vintage swimsuits, play clothes, and lingerie.
– Retro style suits made in the USA
– Mostly 50’s with some that double for 40’s
– Swimsuits and playsuits made to order in the USA. Shop her
– Probably the first brand to design and sell vintage inspired swimsuits. High quality, cute designs that will last for years.
More Vintage Inspired:
Lingerie – Read this article and list of place we shop for retro vintage lingerie. A large selection of tights and stockings, many with backseams.
1930s clothing – New and vintage shops that carry 1930s clothing.
Jewelry: – Victorian and early 20th century affordable designs. – not vintage but I find a lot of great accessories here anyways.
Makeup: uses vintage recipes, colors and compacts for an authentic vintage look
Vintage Fashion on Facebook – Facebook selling groups are the newest and often best way to find genuine vintage and inspired clothing for sale. Instagram is also a goldmine searching #vintage #vintageshop or by decade.
Offline Retailers with Vintage Inspired Clothing
As much as I love shopping online, I will always shop my local stores first whenever they have what I need. The follow chain retailers also have online shopping sites but are also likely to be in your neighborhood. They don’t carry vintage reproduction clothing but they often have separates and accessories that work seamlessly with vintage or repro clothes.
– I can’t step foot in this store without finding a blouse, hair tie, or piece of jewelry. And since all of it is under $30 I walk away with a lot more than one item. Their plus size collection is getting much better now too.
– I don’t find too much in store (which is two hours away) but online they have many retro inspired brands that I love. Their shoe brands alone have me hooked!
My new favorite clothing store has charming dresses, skirts and tops with a hint of indie vintage design. Equally charming girls wear too (2T to 14.)
– A retailer that carries mostly grunge, goth, and punk clothing I am surprised to see some great clothes from the d. The selection in the stores is small but online they have many of my favorites in regular and plus size which are often on sale.
– A huge store that although is mostly trendy often has basics shirts and sweaters that have plenty of vintage styles.
– Who doesn’t love to shop at target? We love their basic cardigans, jeans, tights, shoes and accessories. The vintage inspired selection is hit or miss but always fun to browse.
Sahafah24.info: That’s us! We search through all the major online retailers to find hidden gems of vintage inspired style clothing from stores like Nordstrom, Macy’s, Sears, Modcloth, Zappos, Lane Bryant, Unique-Vintage, and 200 others. We are working to include all of these brands on VintageDancer so you can compare and shop them ALL AT ONCE!
Use the menu at the top of the page to choose your ideal decade and let the shopping begin! If you don’t find what you are looking for, just ask me for help. (BTW, my name is Debbie : )
Are you a vintage-inspired clothing brand? Get listed here for free and increase your exposure with some affordable ads.
Here are some retro dresses to get you started: