Facebook is an invaluable connection to other vintage fashion enthusiasts. There are countless fashion history pages to follow, discussion groups to join, and places to buy and sell antique, costume, retro, vintage or vintage style clothing.
Today I wanted to round up the Facebook pages/groups I follow and share them with you.
Fashion History on Facebook
Browse photos and videos, read articles, look at museum collections and otherwise learn about vintage fashion history with these groups:
“This is a professional networking group intended to facilitate connections in the fashion and textile history academic and museum realm, worldwide.” I enjoy watching this thread for recent articles on Fashion history.
Daily images of life in the 1940s.
– A group for vintage clothing re-sellers who need help dating an item. I learn a great deal about designers, textiles, and history here.
– A group for those who care about the 1940s, its authentic and historically accurate portrayal and those who wish to improve their presentation.
– An informative group for all things during 1940-1944
– Photos taken between 1900-1909
– Photos taken between 1910-1919
– Photos taken between 1930-1939
– BIG discussion group and sharing about all things 50s is a similar group
Walk down memory lane with this group who grew up in the 60s and 70s
– Photos and videos in the 1920s of mostly movie stars
These groups are primarily aimed at discussing topics related to vintage fashions and vintage inspired clothing. Ask questions. Get answers. Share your knowledge. Some also allow buying and selling.
– Discussion group about the 1900-1925 fashion era, costuming tips, sewing help.
– This is a great group to ask questions and share your 1920s and 1930s costumes/vintage clothing. I have learned a great deal from the discussions that happen here and contributed to a few answers as well.
My favorite place to learn about men’s vintage or “classic” fashion. Women’s clothing too although its mostly about mens. Share your latest finds, ask advice, share interesting articles or post items for sale on other groups.
– A fabulous group for women who wear the vintage pinup look.
– Discussion group for women getting the vintage look
– A group for collectors, wearers of hats, and hat makers from all over the world.
A discussion/help group that will help identify your vintage jewelry
– Help to research vintage clothing labels up to 1960
– “We are here to discuss and celebrate the better aspects of Victorian life (~1830s – 1900.)”
– Share pictures or sell men’s vintage suits pre-1960
– Share pictures or sell men’s vintage casual clothing pre-1960
– Share pictures and discuss men’s vintage shoes pre-1960
Search “I love vintage men’s” for more groups about hats, workwear, formal wear, timepieces, etc
Buy and Sell Vintage Clothing
Move over and the new place to buy and sell is in on Facebook. You can post your needs and measurements and sellers will respond with options they have or you can browse the postings for something that catches your eye. Act fast, listings are first reply first buy and the good stuff gets snatched up very quickly.
Be sure to read the group rules under the “about” section on each page to learn how to sell items. Each page operates a little differently about what you can sell, how to list the item, and how to respond to buyers.
– The largest (20K fans) buy and sell group for mid-century vintage clothing 1930 to 1962. This is my go to place to shop.
Discussion group and buy/sell for vintage knitwear clothing that is pre 1950s.
A place to buy and sell vintage knitting and crochet patterns ro ask questions. I have a stash of patterns I need to sell here soon.
– Buy and sell genuine vintage clothing from 1969 and earlier. Men’s, women’s and kitsch.
– Sister group to the above that now includes later decades and vintage reproduction/inspired clothing.
– A unique place to buy and sell vintage clothing that is damaged, delicate or otherwise not fit for wear without further repair. A great place for bargains! Items must be at least 20 years old.
– This group focuses on vintage or reproduction lingerie from Victorian thru the 1980s.
– Buy and sell 1800s to 1940s clothing
tyle Clothing and Fineries and Original Vintage Clothing – Buy and sell group for 1840s to 1920s clothing
Sell your handmade historical “costumes,”, antique clothing or request a custom made item from talented seamstresses.
– Buy and sell vintage items here. Mostly clothing but household decor, books, and collectibles can also be found in here.
– The place to find vintage jewelry and accessories.
– De-stash your overflowing collection of sewing patterns and pick up some new to you vintage patterns too.
– Vintage retro and inspired clothing in plus sizes.
– Buy and sell vintage children’s clothing
Men’s Buy and Sell Vintage Clothing
– Pre- 1960 men’s vintage clothing and reproductions.
– Buy/Sell or show off your pre-1960 vintage neckties and bowties and these:
– Buy and sell 1900-1970s men’s vintage clothing
We share vintage pictures and articles. Like the page then selected “See first” under “In your news feed” to be sure you don’t miss a post.
What other groups do you follow on Facebook? Share in the comments below….