New vintage prom dresses blend classic silhouettes with elegant details for a truly unique prom dress. Each 20th century decade introduces a new timeless vintage prom dress style:
- 1920s: Short or long beaded or sequin dresses give a nod back to the roaring twenties where grand parties were what everyone talked about. Modern Great Gatsby inspired prom dresses don’t have to look like a flapper costume. Blend beautiful beading with a headband to match and you’ll be ready for prom the Art Deco way.
- 1930s: Old Hollywood and the age of classic movie star gowns create the first real red carpet worthy looks. Bias cut long gowns with open backs or sexy mermaid silhouettes all started in the romantic thirties. Most prom dresses this year are inspired by this decade.
- 1940s: Classic movie star looks continued with ruched and gathered long column dresses for a nod to Grecian goddesses. They were modest and sophisticated, perfect for a grown-up take on the prom tradition. “Prom” first started in the 1940s too!
- 1950s: The 1950s left modest for fun! Ballgowns were now big and puffy in a floor-length or cute tea length. They are fun to dance it and more fun to wear in retro colors- pink, teal, ice blue, red, and buttercup yellow. Vintage lace dresses were a big trend in the later years.
- 1960s: The simple empire waist column prom dress of the 1960s has found its way back into fashion. Plain colors or better yet big bold prints are making a splash at prom this year.
Shop our handpicked selection of vintage inspired prom dresses we found online. Use the top men to add shoes, gloves, hair accessories, stockings and handbags:
New Vintage Prom Dresses