While the choices of vintage and retro style clothing for women are many, for men there are fewer options. The market for affordable new men’s vintage inspired clothing or vintage reproduction clothing just hasn’t caught on yet. The best options for men are custom made-to-measure clothes that may or may not be in your budget. My husband has happily made do with new “classic” menswear for most of his looks from the 1900s-1950s. As he finds new suppliers (and the budget to buy them), his collection will gradually turn to custom made menswear.
Whether you are just getting started, need a costume for an event, or are a lifetime vintage fashion enthusiast, these links should help you create a men’s vintage inspired wardrobe from Victorian to the 1960s. If genuine vintage is for you, we have links to some great online shops, too.
Men’s Vintage Reproduction Clothing
Ready-to-wear vintage reproduction clothing is based on original patterns and style. Authenticity will vary by vendor.
– Men’s Victorian clothing and Steampunk, too. R is another similar source for “Wild West” Victorian styles.
Men’s Victorian and Edwardian knickers, vests, detachable collars, ascots, knee high socks, bow ties, suspenders, and other vital accessories.
– Handmade 1920s hats and wide ties from vintage fabrics. Very nice quality craftsmanship.
(1930s – 1950s) Military trousers, leather flight jackets, selvage-denim jeans, chambray work shirts, sweatshirts, army field jackets, and a lot more.
– Bespoke men’s clothing, hats, shoes, and leather goods for dapper men both vintage and modern. Made in the USA.
– Vintage style men’s workwear, sack suits, jackets, shirts, and caps made in New York.
Denim jeans, jackets, bbutton-downshirts remade from original Levis patterns from 1900-1970s
– 1920s and 1930s men’s and women’s clothing. Trousers, vests, and caps
– Reproduction ’20s to ’40s casual polos, wide trousers, work shirts, and other mostly casual items. Limited runs.
More men’s vintage workwear from Japan
– Limited editions, some made in the USA, men’s vintage workwear, casual modern clothing, and swimwear.
/ – Men’s vintage ’60s and ’70s repo pants, shirts, and jeans. Bell Bottoms and mod cuts.
(UK) /– Retro ’60s and ’70s men’s and women’s clothing. Men’s mod suits, shirts, jackets, hats and pants.
(UK) – Vintage menswear, focused on workwear to casual menswear.
(UK)- Men’s 1940s and 1950s shirts, hats, jackets, and more
(UK) – Everything tweed or not-suits, jackets, pants, formal wear, and accessories.
(UK) – Men’s vintage repro 1920s, 1930s, 1940s trousers, vests, and shirts
(UK) – Vintage British classic suits. Town and country styles. A few formal and casual looks, too.
(IT) – Men’s 1940s and 1950s knitwear, shoes, shirts, pants, T-shirts and accessories
– Men’s WWII era 1940s suits, made to order.
(UK)/ Etsy – A small collection of ’40s and ’50s men’s trousers and jackets.
(UK)– Specializes in shirts and collars from the late 1700s up to the 1940s. Also carries some trousers, vests, workwear, underwear, boys clothing, and fabrics.
(UK) – Men’s 1940s and 1950s jeans and shirts.
(UK) – A nice section of men’s vintage vest and coats in hard to find cuts. Made to order, but not made to measure. Items can be returned.
J – (DE-Germany) – Wonderful selection of men’s 1920s to 1950s reproduction clothing. They have in all!
(UK) – Men’s 1940s and 1950s pants and jackets.
(DE- Germany) – Men’s repro pants, jeans, knickers, vests, shirts in the ’20s to ’40s styles.
(NL) / – Menswear handmade from the ’20s, ’30s, and ’40s pants, vests, shirts and bow ties. High quality.
(UK) Men’s 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s reproduction clothing. Trousers, vests, shirts, and accessories made in Great Britain.
-(UK) – Quality materials and handcrafted in England of men’s and women’s 1940s and 1950s style clothing. Shorts, pants, jackets, and shoes.
(UK) Visit the store in London for men’s 1930s and 1940s suits and spearpoint shirts or on Great for tall gentlemen.
Men’s Retro Shirts
– Classic ’50s bowling shirts with funny team names. Custom shirts available, too.
Q– A handful of men’s 1950s style shirts.
/ – Made in the USA. 1950s Rockabilly shirts, T- Shirts, hoodies, lounge shirts, western shirts, and retro shirts.
(UK)– Mostly 1950s men’s shirts and T-shirts.
Men’s button up Hawaiian shirts, cabana shorts, and T-shirts.
(AU) – Men’s 1950s Hawaiian shirt and long sleeve button down shirts.
1950s style retro shirts, bowling shirts and western shirts.
– Camp shirts and guayabera shirts in retro styles and colors
Men’s Vintage Inspired Clothing
New clothing with a vintage look and feel but often updated with modern materials and “classic” cuts.
– A giant collection of imported suits, tuxedos, pants, and shirts that work well for the 1920s to 1940s wide leg, pinstripe, and zoot suit men’s looks. Cheap prices. You may not get the exact item listed, but a close proximity.
1940s style Zoot Suits since 1978!
A mega warehouse of men’s classic style suits in San Francisco, but they also ship worldwide. They have a wide range for Stacy Adams suits which always make great modern Zoot Suits among other brands.
– Most men shop here for classic men’s clothing with a vintage look. Seersucker and linen suits for summer. Hats and two-tone shoes, too. White collar dress shirts with french cuffs. You can create an entire vintage look from just this one site.
New clothing mixed with vintage repro or inspired styles. Stock is always changing except they always have a collarless 1920s “Gatsby” shirt. Very nice quality clothing.
– My favorite store for formal wear as well as classic suits. In-store locations can tailor your suit to a more vintage fit. Classic high waist trousers are ideal for vintage styles.
– Classic and vintage-inspired men’s suits, shirts, and ties. Some clothes are made from vintage patterns. High quality with prices to match.
(DE) – One of a kind, handmade, vintage inspired 1940s and 1950s men’s pants and shirts.
(NL) – Men’s 1950s and 1960s clothing: shirts. T-shirts, jackets, jeans, shoes, and costumes.
– Men’s 1950s style clothing: Jackets, shirts, swim, shoes.
– Vintage menswear-inspired clothing. Many workwear styles but also some dapper suits.
Sahafah24.info – That is us! We know it’s hard to find vintage style men’s clothing, so we did all the looking for you. Use the menu at the top of the page to select your ideal decade- 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, etc. and follow the links to each clothing category. We add new suits, shirts, hats, shoes, and accessories daily. If you need help finding something just ask.
Men’s Custom Made Reproduction Clothing
Made to measure vintage reproduction clothing. Highest quality garments, often with period correct materials and from original patterns.
High-quality 19th century/Victorian men’s clothing. This is who we personally use for all our Victorian clothing. Handmade in the USA. Visit him in person at the San Francisco Dicken’s Fair!
The source for men’s repro zoot suits, she also makes 1915-1940s suits, pants, and vests all custom made for you.
– (NZ) Custom made, suits, shirts, vests, coats, and all sorts of accessories. They will make whatever you need, even from a photograph. Highly recommended by the men at the FedoraLounge.com (and they know their clothes.)
D– Custom made “retro” suits and separates. Modern suits, too. They send you a muslin mock-up for you to try on before completing your order. Reasonable prices for the work.
on Etsy (Denver Bespoke)- Custom made clothing- suits, jackets, shirts, vests, pants and much more.
(UK) – Handmade men’s 1940s and 1950s suits and separates plus knitwear such as sweater vests.
(UK) Men’s custom 1930s to 1960s suits, zoot suits, trousers, dress shirts
(UK)- Reproduction vintage clothing, mostly 1950s jackets and trousers, made to order
– Made to order dress shirts. The Spearpoint collar shirt is a classic late ’20s and ’30s style for a very reasonable price.
Men’s Vintage Clothing (Genuine Vintage)
If you are lucky enough to fit into the smaller sizes of men’s vintage clothing, then these sites are great resources for you:
– Large site with mostly 1930s to 1970s vintage men’s clothing and accessories.
1950s to 1980s men’s vintage clothing and accessories
– Name brand vintage men’s clothing
– Men’s vintage clothing from the 1940s to the 1980s
Men’s vintage clothing from the 1920s to the 1970s
– 1930s to 1970s mens vintage clothing and accessories
– Men’s vintage clothing from the 1940s to the 1990s
Men’s vintage clothing from Rockabilly (1950s) to Disco (1970s)
– Men’s vintage clothing from the ’40s, ’50s, ’60s, ’70s, ’80s and ’90s
(UK) – High-quality vintage menswear for the dapper gentlemen
Men’s Vintage Sewing Patterns
– Quality vintage reproduction patterns for 1920s golf knickers, 1930s shirt, 1950s vest, 1930s and 1950s ties, and 1940s smoking jacket.
Men’s Victorian to 1940s clothing patterns.
– Men’s Regency to Victorian pants and coats
– Has expanded into menswear with a as well as a jacket, underwear and more to come.
Shop more vintage men’s sewing patterns here.
Men’s Vintage Shoes, Hats, and Accessories
– Men’s quality shoes in mostly ’40s and ’50s styles.
(UK) – Men’s ’50s and ’60s Oxfords, wingtips, loafers, and moccasin unique colors and patterns.
/ – Men’s swing dancing shoes in vintage 1930s to 1950s styles, both semi-formal Oxfords, loafers and casual “sneakers.” Non-dancers can wear these shoes, too.
(UK) – Men’s two-tone dance shoes.
Reproduction men’s saddle shoes (1920s to 1960s)
. – A nice assortment of two-tone shoes and boots in the vintage 1920s to 1940s styles
DE/UK)- Historical custom shoemaker for theater and the general public. Also from a variety of brands.
– Not vintage but “classic” suspenders, belts, wallets, and other leather goods. I especially like the Signature collection of suspenders with vintage-inspired prints such as martini glasses, dancers, cars, etc.
(ES- Spain) – All leather men’s and women’s dancing shoes inspired by the 1930s and beyond. Oxfords, loafers, monk straps, etc.
(Austria) – Men’s swing dance shoes inspired by the 1920s to the 1950s in unique colors
(Civialwarboots.com) – Quality men’s historical boots and shoes from the start of America to the 1950s
These classic flat sneakers have been around since the 1920s. The men’s is popular with swing dancers.
– Just like Keds, Converse All Stars sporty high tops and later the low tops are vintage classics!
– Since 1850, they have made classic men’s shoes. Oxfords, wingtips, saddles, patent formals, lace-up boots, sandals, and more. Wide widths, too.
– Since 1876, they have made classic men’s shoes. They usually have a great two-tone saddle shoe and loafer in their regular line.
(IT / USA) – Very high-quality men’s two-tone shoes. As worn in Boardwalk Empire.
– A small collection of men’s boots, shoes and sandals from the 1900s to 1960s
(Spain) – Handmade customized creeper shoes and oxfords.
Wear unique customer designer shoes. You could play with the Oxfords and adjust the colors to get some vintage-inspired shoes.
(UK) or – 1950s men’s and women’s quality shoes in hard to find styles. Loafers, mocs, spring-o-laters
– Handcrafted men’s felt hats in any style you want.
(UK)- Mostly 1950s men’s shoes, belts and argyle socks.
Your turn: Where do you shop for Vintage or vintage inspired men’s clothing?
Are you a vintage reproduction clothing brand? Get listed here for free and increase your exposure with some affordable ads.