Shopping for a Victorian Dress or other Victorian Clothing? There are many valuable websites that can help you find your ideal Victorian era dress. Whether you plan to sew a dress your self, commission a custom made dress, or purchase a ready made Victorian dress, my list of favorite websites will help you get started. We also collected links to many of our favorite Victorian dresses available online here.
Sew it Yourself Victorian Dresses:
– A large collection of patterns from many different eras. The polonaise walking dress is an especially popular choice for “bustle era” dress enthusiasts.
– Not only for admirers of the bustle Dress this site includes links to hundreds of resources: Patterns, trim, button, hats, accessories, fabric and more. This is a great site to start with if you’re looking for a hard to find item. It’s a bit cluttered so navigating the site can seem overwhelming at first.
Probably the most popular Victorian patterns that are easy to sew and period accurate. I usually look here first for patterns.
Many fabulous Victorian era dress patterns and other clothing.
Not a pattern but here are some ideas on how to DIY a Victorian ballgown dress from new, used and thrifted clothing. And this one for day dresses (skirt and blouse.) No sewing needed! And how about pre-victorian 1830s dresses.
Some of our favorite Victorian patterns:
Custom Made Victorian Dresses
– I am always amazed at Christine’s designs. Her Titanic movie reproductions are the closest to the original I have seen. She does all eras of Victorian dresses and has received commissions on more than a few Victorian wedding dresses which are absolutely stunning.
knows her civil war fashions. Her dresses are completely accurate from the fabric to the trimming to the pattern itself. She specializes in custom orders for clients around the world.
– The new eBay for handmade crafters has a good listing of Victorian gowns. If the size fits you then you can purchase it right away or contact the designer for custom work. Also, a great place to find one of kind, pre-owned dresses and vintage accessories. I had a dress made by CivilWomen (now out of business) and it is wonderfully made for a great price.
Ready Made Victorian Dresses:
This site features high-end clothing and accessories that carry the flavor of the romantic Victorian era. You won’t find reproduction dresses here, instead, these inspired items will bring you back in time while keeping you fashionable in the modern world.
– Late Victorian skirts, blouses, belts, petticoats, aprons, undergarments and swimsuits. A bit of everything you need.
– Affordable cotton Victorian day dresses in many styles and colors. Add your own trim to transform these dresses into something special.
Locally made Victorian Wild West dresses and separates
Day and evening dress for the Victorian and Civil war eras. Separates too. Some of the styles are more “inspired by” than authentic. Others are spot on.
Southern Belle costumes and accessories – quality dresses, cheap southern belle costumes, and all the accessories for Victorian southern charm.
Saloon Girl costumes– Dresses for somewhat naughty Victorian Saloon girls. Learn the history of real saloon girl dresses here.