Read F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic book, The Great Gatsby,
with a spotlight on the fashions of the roaring twenties
The Great Gatsby in Fashion, Only $2.99 !
- The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald, full text
- 33 additional insights into the fashions and culture of the roaring twenties
- Over 60 illustrations of men’s and women’s clothing from the 1920s
- Instant Download as a PDF, or .mobi (Kindle)
- Also available on the and as a(only excerpts from the Great Gatsby novel are included in the Kindle and paperback Amazon store version.)
The love affair with one of the greatest American novels ever written has just as much to do with the dazzling fashions of the 1920’s as it does with great story telling. F. Scott Fitzgerald, a dapper dresser, and his wife, Zelda, a notorious flapper, experienced the high life of fashion and culture in the twenties. It was only natural for Fitzgerald to include detailed descriptions of the clothing each character wore. It is in his observations of their dress that he unveils the characters’ motivations and morals that play a critical part in the novel. Fitzgerald’s audience in 1925 would have understood what color a “gas blue” dress was and would have known the sound of “clicking pottery bracelets.” Today’s readers miss the cultural context of those fashions, until now.
Debbie Sessions brings The Great Gatsby’s Jazz Age alive with illustrations and historical annotations of the clothing described in the novel. Sixty images of 1920s dresses, suits, shoes, hats, hairstyles and the people who wore them are included alongside descriptions of the clothing worn in the summer of 1922, the year in which The Great Gatsby is set. Additional cultural insights of the life and times of the roaring twenties are blended into the annotations creating an insightful view of the ’20s wealthier class.
Read it now for only $2.99 ebook ($8.99 paperback book)
- If you need another format please email sahafah24.info
* Satisfaction guaranteed. If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason simply contact me for a refund within 30 days. If you love the book please leave a positive review in the comments and on the ( purchase via Amazon not necessary to leave a review)