Wearing History: 100 Years of Nevada Fashion
A an Art Gallery: 40 E Fourth St, Reno
- Please choose up to 4 full costume and 4 accessories to include in the exhibit. The time-span is 1864- 1964 only. You may submit vintage, handmade and purchased costumes. A committee will choose the final selection based on space available and needs by decade. We will include as many as possible.
- The committee needs your help by supplying any extra dress forms, mannequins, stuffed bodies, pillows, etc. to display as many costumes as possible. Please plan to supply your extra dress forms for the entire 3 week exhibit and keep an eye out for mannequins to borrow or buy (cheap is good).
- All items must be labeled with your name, twice is even better!
- Set up dates are July 9-11, 10 – 6pm daily. You must be able to bring your items to the gallery for set up the 9th or 10th or make arrangements with Debbie, Lauren, Cindy, Liz, Tina, or Katrina if you can’t. Tear down is Sunday, July 27th, 4pm till we are done.
- Security- While the building is locked and very secure at night and there will be at least two staff members on duty during open hours, it is a possibility that your items could get walked away with. We hope this will not happen, BUT, just in case, do not submit anything you would be devastated to lose. We will try to have a display case for small valuable items. As as participant you will be expected to volunteer to staff the exhibit a minimum of 4 hours.
To participate please get ready: – A photo of your costume and all accompanied accessories. – A description of your item (follow the form) plus any photos you referenced while creating the item or in the case of vintage items an old photo of someone wearing it. A list of all items included in the full costume. – Read the liability release at the bottom of this page.
[gravityform id=”5″ name=”GBCS Wearing History Entry Form”]
By “Submitting” the Costumer grants permission for exhibit organizers to reproduce his/her name, information describing his/her work, representations of his/her work and any other information he/she has provided for the purpose of display, promotion and publicity either now or in the future. Costumer agrees to display, pack, transport and provide for the return of his/her artwork at his/her own risk and expense. If Costumer is not available on-site to display, re-pack or re-transport his/her work, he/she gives permission to the exhibit organizers to do so on his/her behalf at his/her own risk and expense.The A An Art Gallery and the Great Basin Costume Society shall not be liable for any injury to the Costumer, their personnel, agents or employees or for any damage or loss of Costumer’s work, equipment or other personal property arising out of the Wearing History Costume Exhibit, the mounting and/or any other activities involved in the preparation and/or presentation of the Costume Exhibit. Costumer agrees to assume all risk of damage to or loss of his/her own costume from whatever cause. Costumer further agrees to release and to hold harmless the Great Basic Costume Society, A An Art Gallery, City of Reno, and Washoe County, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents from any and all liabilities and damages to costumes and/or persons as a result of any part of Costumer’s participation in the Exhibit.
Questions? Contact us via the Facebook page or Facebook Event invite. If all else fails email [email protected] or call me 775-223-8396