Where to buy new vintage plus size dresses or retro plus size dresses online? The following are website shops and small brands that specialize in plus size pin up dresses and plus size rockabilly dresses that I have been shopping at for several years. The vintage plus size clothing industry is growing rapidly with new brands coming onboard every year in the USA and UK. This list is constantly being updated with new vintage clothing shops to check out. While genuine vintage plus size clothing might still be a diamond in the ruff to find I am pretty happy with the growing collection of plus size pin up dresses/ rockabilly dresses in 40s, 50s and 60s styles.
Plus Size Pin Up Dress Brands / Shops
– Modcloth has expanded their vintage inspired dresses skirts, tops, and swimsuits to include more plus sizes. Hundreds of dresses now come in sizes from XL to 4XL. Reading the reviewer from other shoppers similar in sizes and shape is really helpful in picking out the right dress for you. I especially love the 1950s style knee length plus size swing dresses and full swing skirts! They also have a steady selection of mid century 60s and 70s clothing as well as special occasion and wedding dresses.
– Carries the cheap Chic Star brand that is surprisingly well made. They have both plus size pin up dresses and red or black plus size rockabilly dresses in classic silhouettes. Add to that some vintage coats, wide leg pants, and a few tops and you will have an entire vintage wardrobe on a budget.
carries about 30 or so plus size pin up dresses in both full circle and pencil dress styles under their Plus Size Pin Up Clothing page. Since they carry multiple vintage plus size clothing brands the choices are diverse and they are photographed on plus size models too. Yes! One of my favorite, top quality brands, is StopStaring clothing. Made by a vintage loving plus size gal herself, StopStaring dresses fit really nice and are based on more authentic 50’s styling than other brands. Most of these 1950s plus size dresses go up to 3XL with a few up to 4XL. My other favorite brand is Hell Bunny (affordable too.)
– The largest Uk brand of vintage inspired clothing has a great selection of plus size dresses up to 5XL. Many brands, colors, sizes. They tend to carry classic vintage styles dresses and plus size pinup dresses.
– I love this brand. Perfect fit at a great price point. Vintage style 40s and 50s dresses.
Another favorite brand of 40s to 60s style plus size dresses. The designs are more “vintage” then some of the others.
– A fabulous Uk brand now sold in the USA in plus size up to 16. Many 50s retro plus size dresses.
Lindy Bop / – Cheap and pretty vintage plus size dresses, skirts and other clothing.
/ USA – This popular brand has excellent 50s inspired pin up and rockabilly dresses up to USA size 18.
– Heartbreaker dresses, skirts, and tops inspired by 50s and 60s fashion, pinup girls, rockabilly and vintage fashion culture. Up to 4XL
– Looking for plus size pin up dresses, suits, shorts, and other plus size vintage clothing? Pin Up Girl clothing is a great place to start with an overall huge selection from a variety of designers including many who cater to the plus size crowd. The best part of this site is that the models are plus size and the photos are excellent for visualizing what the dress might look like on you.
You can shop them on – Sometimes standard plus sizes just don’t fit right or the skirt isn’t long enough or sleeves are the wrong style. In cases like this is just what you need. Each dress on the website comes with options to change the sleeves, neckline, skirt length, and or other details. Each dress is custom made just for you! They have many dresses that are both modern and trendy but also vintage ’50s inspired. You will have a lot of fun designing your next dress.
Plus size clothing for all day to day styles with a small retro line called “retro chic.” These work really well as plus size rockabilly dresses.
– 1940s and 1950’s style pin up and swing dance dresses, XS-3XL, made in the USA. They fit really well, especially if you have natural curves.
Made in the USA this small designer turned mega brand sells 1950s style dresses, separates, swimwear, wedding gowns, menswear, maternity, and custom design services up to 4XL. Wow! This site is one of the best for plus size rockabilly dresses.