1950s style clothing is timeless. Cool cats and hipsters made the 1950s decade iconic for the youthful freedoms and fun sense of style. Fifties fashion goes beyond poodle skirts and saddle shoes and teenagers were not the only ones setting clothing trends. 1950s housewives played a role in defining the ultra-feminine style we love to wear today. Learn about 1950s fashion history on our blog.
The 1950s fashion revival has come full circle with the return of the fifties swing dress, wiggle dress, retro swimsuit, and shoes for women and fedora hats, suspenders, and bowling shirts for men. Whether you need to dress up your daily vintage inspired pin up or Rockabilly wardrobe or for a fifties themed event, wedding, or prom or just because you love the ’50s as much as we do, we can help. We link to hundreds of 1950s inspired clothing online to make your shopping easier.
50s Clothing for Women
Click on a category to begin shopping.
50s Clothing for Men
1950s Women’s Fashion History
- 1950s Women’s Fashion History – An introduction to fashions changes in the 1950s
- Guide to 1950s women’s fashion- An infographic and guide to creating a 1950s look
- 50s Outfits- 20 Ideas from Casual to Classy
- 1950s fabrics and fashion colors – What colors were popular in the 50s?
- 1950s House Dresses and aprons- History of the humble housewife’s uniform
- Learn about the three main styles of 1950s dresses. Read about formal and prom dresses here.
- You need a petticoat to go with your dress.
- 1950s Sheath Dresses – More info about the variations of ’50s sheath dresses.
- The Hostess Dress– I Love Lucy sported this dress over capri set
- 1950s Plus Size fashion- History of fuller sizes and styling advice
- 1950s Wedding Dresses, Shoes– History of 50s weddings attire
- 1950s Maternity Clothing– History of clothing for the baby bump
- Western Themed clothing – How the Western style evolved before and after the 50s
- 1950s Clothing– A guide to shopping for vintage inspired 1950s women’s clothing online.
- 1950s Tops, Shirts, Blouses– Learn all about the different styles.
- 1950s Women’s Pants- Capri pants and more from the 1940s and 1950s styles.
- 1950s Women’s Shorts and Rompers– 1950s shorts styles and shopping help.
- 1950s Swimsuits – Retro swimsuits for summer time pool parties.
- 1950s Lingerie – Bras, panties, corsets, slips and more underwear.
- 1950s Stockings and bobby socks
- 1950s Shoes – History and shopping guide to 1950s women’s shoes. More about winter boots, sandals and flats.
- 1950s Coats- Long, short and fur coat history.
- 1950s Hats– Learn about the common styles of 1950’s hats
- 1950s Handbags – Bags, purses, and handbags for day to night
- 1950s Hairstyles for women– The major hairstyle trends with pictures
- 1950s Jewelry styles – Styles and trends of 1950s jewelry
- 1950s Hawaiian Clothes- Where to shop online for sarong, tiki and tropical prints dresses
- 1950s Makeup Guide- Natural women’s makeup history and tutorial. 1950s Makeup Guide-A review of my favorite 50’s makeup guide.
- 1950s Accessories– Tips using a 50s scarf, parasol, umbrella, gloves, hair flower, and purse to accessorize an outfit
- Detailed accessories history: Belts, neck scarves
- 50s Girls Costumes– Little girls and young adult clothing
1950s Men’s Fashion History
- 1950s Men’s Fashion: Business Suits
- 1950s Men’s Fashion: Casual Clothing
- 1950s Tuxedos and wedding attire
- 1950s Men’s Shoes – History and shopping guide to men’s 1950s shoes.
- 1950s Men’s Shirts– Learn the history of 1950s men’s shirt styles.
- 1950s Men’s Hats – Learn about 1950s style men’s hats.
- 1950s Men’s Swimsuits – Men’s swimwear of the 1930s to 1950s
- Men’s Ties– History men’s neckties and bow ties
- Shop men’s vintage, reproduction, or inspired clothing brands
- Mens Vintage Workwear 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s- – men’s vintage work clothing
- Men’s Watches – History of wristwatches
- Men’s Socks– History of men’s socks
- Men’s Gloves– History of men’s gloves
- Men’s Vintage Jewelry– tie clips, rings, etc